The travel and tourism industry is growing by leaps and bounds, with each passing year. The career prospects, number of tourists, and contribution to the country’s economy, all have swelled over the period.
Scope of Indian Travel and Tourism Industry
As reported by World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC), between 2014 and 15, the Indian tourism industry contributed 7.6 trillion jobs to the Indian economy, which by the end of 2016 turned around to 10 trillion.
This spurt in the growth happened as a result of new reforms and policies introduced by the Indian government.
Also, an increase in the percentage of investment was observed in this sector. In 2016, the government invested 10% of the total investment in tourism industry compared to 6.02% in the year 2015.
All this has also resulted in an increase in the number of employment opportunities in this sector. Over the years, the jobs in this sector are snowballing. The number of jobs generated in 2016 was around 37 million as compared to 36.6 million in the year 2014-15, and they are likely to increase this year as well.
How Can You Be a Part of Indian Travel and Tourism Industry?
Tourism industry holds endless benefits for the country as well as for the people involved. Besides, the love and passion to travel are yet other reasons because of which people are heading towards this field.
So if you too wish to be a part of this flourishing industry, your interest and aptitude play a great role.
However, with a relevant degree in hand, you’ll have access to better job opportunities.
In this article, I have talked about the various travel and tourism courses that you can pursue if interested in making a career in the industry. This list contains all of travel and tourism courses after 12th to travel and tourism courses after graduation. You can also check out the travel and tourism colleges listed at the end of this list.
Eligibility Criteria for Travel & Tourism Courses
There are no specific eligibility conditions to pursue a course in travel and tourism. However, for an undergraduate degree, diploma, and certificate course, the candidate must have passed 10+2 from any stream. Whereas, for PG level courses, a graduation degree in any discipline is required.
Travel and Tourism Courses After 12th
Travel & Tourism Bachelor’s Degree Courses
- BA in Travel and Tourism Management
- BA Travel and Tourism
- BA in Hospitality, Travel, and Tourism Management
- BA Tourism Studies
- Bachelor of Travel and Tourism Management
- Bachelor of Tourism Studies
- Bachelor of Tourism Administration
- B.Sc. in Hospitality and Travel Management
- B.Sc. in Travel and Tourism Management
- BBA in Travel and Tourism Management
- BBA in Hospitality and Travel Management
- BBA in Air Travel Management
- B.Com. Travel and Tourism Management
Travel & Tourism Diploma Courses
- Diploma in Travel and Tourism Management
- Diploma in Hospitality and Travel Management
- Diploma in Tourism Studies
- Diploma in Aviation Hospitality and Travel Management
- Diploma in Tourist Guide
- Diploma in Tourism and Ticketing
- Diploma in Airfare and Ticketing
Travel & Tourism Certificate Courses
- Certificate in Travel and Tourism Management
- Certificate in Travel Management
- Certificate in Computer Reservation System
- Certificate in Tour Guide
- Certificate in Airfare and Ticketing
- Certificate in Tourism Management
Travel and Tourism Courses After Graduation
Travel & Tourism Postgraduate Degree Courses
- MBA in Tourism and Hospitality
- MBA in Aviation Management
- MBA in Travel and Tourism
- MBA in Aviation and Travel Tourism Management
- MBA/PGPM in Hotel & Tourism Management
- MBA in tourism and travel management
- MA Tourism Management
- MSc Tourism Management
- MSc Hospitality & Tourism Management
Travel & Tourism Post Graduate Diploma Courses
- Post Graduate Diploma in Travel & Tourism Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Tourism and Environmental Law
- Post Graduate Diploma in Conferences and Convention Management
Though a professional degree will always give you a whip hand, it is not at all mandatory to enter the industry.
With the right approach, caliber, interest, and a few soft skills like good communication skills, teamwork, problem-solving skills, and time management skills, you can make a promising career in travel and tourism industry.
3 thoughts on “Top Travel & Tourism Courses In India – After 12th & Graduation”
As I’m pursuing my graduation from School of open learning , I want to join course in field of travel and tourism so I want you to suggest me suitable course and institute
After 12th which college is best for doing travel and tourism courses..
After 12th which college is best for doing Travel and Tourisum courses in india.Plese Name and address.