Students from the commerce stream have an ocean of opportunities in front of them. Being one of the most versatile fields, it comes up with countless career choices.
Be it management, finance, marketing or any other field of business, all of these are in dire need of “Commerce Professionals”. As a result, top commerce courses after 12th such as B.Com., B.B.A., B.B.S., C.A., and C.S. are in high demand.
Though the country has numerous commerce colleges, in this article I will talk about the best commerce colleges in India.
The top 10 commerce colleges in India enlisted in this article are categorized so on the basis of the India Today’s annual survey.
Top Commerce Colleges In India with Cutoff 
- Shri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi
- Lady Shri Ram College For Women, Delhi
- Loyola College, Chennai
- Faculty of Commerce & Management, Christ University, Bangalore
- Hindu College, Delhi
- Hansraj College, Delhi
- Stella Maris College, Chennai
- Symbiosis College of Arts & Commerce, Pune
- Joseph’s College of Commerce, Bangalore
- Mithibai Arts Chauhan Institute, Mumbai
Given below are the details pertaining these best commerce collegesin India:
Shri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi
Shri Ram College of Commerce (SRCC), formerly known as the Commercial College was founded by Lala Shri Ram in 1926. The college was upgraded to a degree college in the year 1932 and from then onwards it started giving B.A. (Commerce field) degree to its graduates.
It was in 1951 when the college got its present name and decided to become specialized in Commerce and Economics. The college focuses on the overall development of its students and is remarkably excelling in it. It has had been constantly ranked as number 1 college since 2005 to 2015 (except the second rank in 2010) by India Today in its annual ranking survey of best commerce colleges in India.
It is a number one choice of the students who wish to take admission in B.Com. (Hons.) Course.
- The admission process generally begins in the month of June when the University of Delhi releases the admission notification for its other colleges. The students need to apply on the separate form available at the college’s office.
- SRCC will release the cut-off list based on the percentage of the students who have applied for the test. If the seats remain vacant then a subsequent cut-off list will be released.
Students need to make sure that they are available with all the necessary documents required at the time of admission. For the detailed information on admission criteria; click here.
Last year cutoff:
B.Com. (Hons.): 98% to 97.25%
Lady Shri Ram College For Women, Delhi
Lady Shri Ram College (LSR) is one of the finest colleges of the country and commits to nurture and create the women who are equipped to be world citizens. It is a premier college providing varied courses in the field of Social Science, Commerce, and Humanities.
The college began its journey in 1956 from a school building in Daryaganj and is now located on a beautiful 15 acres campus in South Delhi.
As per India Today’s survey, the college has consistently maintained its place in top five commerce colleges of the country from the year 2005 to 2015 (except the seventh rank in 2006).
- It is mandatory for students to apply through the Delhi University’s admission form either online or offline.
- LSR displays cutoff lists for all the respective courses, the candidates selected on the basis of these lists are eligible for admission provided they fulfill the other eligibility criteria prescribed by the college.
See the given link for detailed admission information; click here.
Last year cutoff:
B.Com. (Hons.): 98% to 96.75%
Loyola College, Chennai
Loyola College is an autonomous college founded by the Society of Jesus (Jesuits) in 1925. It is located in the urban locality of Nungambakkam, Chennai.
UGC bestowed the college with the status of “College with Potential for Excellence” in 2004 which was later elevated to the status of “College of Excellence” on April 1, 2014, till March 31, 2019.
The college has continued to remain in the list of Top 10 Commerce Colleges in India for the past 14 years.
School of Commerce and Economic, Loyola College is the one which offers the courses in commerce stream.
- The admission form can be obtained either from the selected Indian Overseas Bank by sending a demand draft along with the requisition letter through post or candidates can even apply online.
- It is advisable to read the prospectus thoroughly before filling up the admission form.
Note: Students who have completed the Tamil Nadu Higher Secondary Course or any other course recognized by the University of Madras as equivalent to it, are eligible for admission to the bachelor’s degree course.
Faculty of Commerce & Management, Christ University, Bangalore
Christ University, Bangalore came into existence as Christ College in July 1969. As a premier educational institution, Christ University has always stood up for excellence and service in the academic arena.
On July 22, 2008, the Ministry of Human Resources Development of the Union Government of India declared Christ College as deemed to be University, in the name and style of Christ University, under Section-3 of UGC Act, 1956.
The Department of Commerce being the vibrant division of the University is rated as first in Bangalore and fourth in the country for commerce education.
- Candidates can either apply online or offline for their particular course on the dates mentioned in the admission column of the official website.
- Those going for offline or direct mode can obtain the form from the University’s admission office counter no. Seven after remitting the prescribed fees.
- For online mode, candidates are advised to fill in the prescribed form on the website. The application can be processed either after paying the application fee at SBI Core Banking branches in the prescribed SBI Challan format given on the University website or through the Payment Gateway with a valid Credit/ Debit Card or Net banking facility.
For detailed information on admission procedure; click here.
Hindu College, Delhi
Recognized as one of the premier colleges of the country, the Hindu College stands tall in its public esteem. The college came into existence in 1899.
Presently it is spread over 25 acres of the land in one of the prime locations of North Campus, University of Delhi.
The college has grown exceptionally over the years and by many accounts is the college of the first choice in Delhi. It boasts of its distinguished faculty of hundred and twenty members and is proud of its efficient non-academic staff.
- Candidates interested in seeking admission to the course of their choice need to apply on the prescribed Pre-Admission form, either online or offline, for all categories.
- The college follows the Delhi University’s centralized admission process for most of its undergraduate honors courses. Whereas for B.A. (Hons.) Music class, M.A., M.Sc., and M.Com. Courses admission is made through the concerned faculties.
Last year cutoff:
B.Com. (Hons.): 96.75% – 97.75%
Hansraj College, Delhi
Hansraj College is one of the largest constituent colleges of the University of Delhi. It was founded in 1948 by the D.A.V. College Managing Committee in memory of the prominent Indian educator and nationalist Mahatma Hansraj.
The College has been ranked amongst the Top-10 Science, Arts and Commerce Colleges of India several times in India Today’s survey. The college today holds a likely place for performance in the fields of Academics, Sports, and Extra-Curricular Activities.
- The college follows the centralized admission process of the Delhi University.
- Students need to report the College’s Admission Office if their marks fall in the cutoff lists declared by the college.
- After filling in the admission and enrollment form, students are required to get their documents verified and pay the entrance fees.
Last year cutoff:
B.Com. (Hons.): 96.25%-97.75%
Stella Maris College, Chennai
Having a modest beginning from a small one-storey building in 1947, the college is now located on Cathedral Road. It became an independent college in 1987 and had been awarded five stars status from NAAC in 2000. The college is affiliated to the University of Madras.
It was re-accredited by NAAC in 2008 with a CGPA of 3.57 and 2014 with a CGPA of 3.68 on a 4 point scale.
- Candidates need to apply online for admission to the course of their interest. The filled-in entry form should be submitted either online or by post.
- Selected candidates must pay the prescribed fees and submit the following certificates, in ORIGINAL on or before the date indicated on the website.
Symbiosis College of Arts & Commerce, Pune
The Symbiosis College of Arts & Commerce was established in 1983. It is one of the important branches of the Symbiosis Society.
It holds 7th rank at the All India Level and has been listed as No. 1 Commerce College of the Pune city. While as an Arts College, it holds the 13th place at the All India Level and is positioned at No. 2 in the Pune city.
The College has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) and has collaborations with foreign universities to conduct student exchange, faculty exchange, and several other integrated programs.
- The students need to fill in the pre-merit application form online for admission to the course of their choice.
- The cut-off list will be displayed on the website as per the schedule.
St. Joseph’s College of Commerce, Bangalore
SJCC, an autonomous college affiliated to Bangalore University came into existence as a part of St. Joseph’s College in the year 1882.
In the year 2010, Bangalore University recognized it as the Research Centre and was given the status of “College with Potential for Excellence” by UGC.
Further, the college has also been re-accredited with ‘A’ grade by NAAC in the third cycle of re-accreditation.
- The entry is made by aptitude test conducted by the college.
- Candidates are required to apply online only through the official website of the college. The application fee can be paid online, through Demand Draft or at the college office.
- The list of qualified candidates will be displayed on the official website. The selected candidates are further required to appear for the interview round.
Mithibai Arts Chauhan Institute, Mumbai
The Mithibai Arts Chauhan Institute or the Mithibai College was established in 1961. The college is affiliated to the University of Mumbai.
The college focuses not only on the academic excellence of its students but also lays equal importance to the overall development of the students through co-curricular activities.
- Admission to the college will be according to the guidelines of the University of Mumbai. The same will be displayed on the notice board as soon as the university issues it.
- It is necessary to fill in the enrollment form of the University, without which the admission will not be approved.
Along with gaining the conceptual knowledge, to perform well and excel in the respective field of work one needs to hone their skills.
Therefore, it will always be an advantage for you to study in a top commerce college under the renowned faculty which will not only increase the basic knowledge but will also expose you to several other experiences.
9 thoughts on “Top Commerce Colleges In India with Cutoff 2017 [Updated]”
thank you for the information. can we get a list of private colleges too?
i completed my 10+2 from nainital dbps and as a commerce student i was good in economics. my theoritical portion is strong and i hope to get around 80% in board exam so please suggest me suitable course and if any chances for this top colleges…..
I have just completed my 12 from lksec and i hope i can get around 75% which should i apply for.
I have just completed my 12 from lksec and hope i can get around 75% which should i apply for.
i have just completed my class 12 and awaiting my results. i am expecting around 83% marks. which course and colege should i apply for?
I got 93.4%, in which top ten colleges I am eligible for admission in b.com.please reply fast
I got 86 % in 12th commerce in case board. Am I eligible to fill application form of Loyola college Chennai and mithibai college of Mumbai
Pls recommend me a good college for bcom
got 86 % in 12th commerce in cbse board. Am I eligible to fill application form of Loyola college Chennai and mithibai college of Mumbai
Pls recommend me a good college for bcom
What’s up,I log on to your new stuff named “Top Commerce Colleges In India with Cutoff 2017 [Updated] | Edunuts” on a regular basis.Your story-telling style is witty, keep up the good work! And you can look our website about powerful love spells.