University of Delhi is one of the most popular universities across the country, renowned for its high standards in research and education. Initiated with 3 colleges and 750 students, Delhi University has now become one of the largest institutions of higher education in India.
Currently, students from over 67 different countries are studying in this university. Furthermore, Delhi University houses 16 faculties and 86 departments along with 77 constituent colleges and a few other recognized institutes, spread across Delhi.
There are approximately 1, 50,000 regular students studying in varied undergraduate programs and more than 3, 50,000 students in other streams.
Because of the increasing rate of admissions in the University of Delhi, it has been recently announced that 2,000 additional seats will be available across various courses and colleges from the academic year 2016-17. The said provisions came into force as the number of candidates were consistently increasing and the additional seats haven’t been added by the officials since 2007-08.
Registrations for the Delhi University Admissions 2016 will initiate from 25th May 2016.
This year the admission procedure of the University of Delhi is going to begin by the end of May. Below is all the information you will require for understanding the DU Undergraduate admission process 2016-17.
Undergraduate Programs that DU Offers
The University offers undergraduate programs through its affiliated colleges in four major streams, as mentioned below:
Arts / Humanities
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Arts (Vocational)
- Bachelor of Arts (Honors)
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Commerce (Honors)
- Bachelor of Science – Mathematical Sciences
- Bachelor of Science (Honors) – Mathematics
- Bachelor of Science (Honors) – Statistics
- Bachelor of Science (Honors) – Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science (Honors) – Chemistry / Physics / Zoology / Botany / Anthropology / Home Science / Geology / Bio-Medical Science / Electronics / Microbiology / Bio-Chemistry / Biological Sciences / Polymer Science / Food Technology / Instrumentation.
- Bachelor of Science – Life Sciences / Physical Sciences / Applied Physical Sciences / Applied Life Sciences.
- Bachelor of Science (Pass) – Home Science
Tentative Dates for Cut-off and Admissions
|DU 2016 Admission Events||Important Dates*|
|Open Days||Third week of May – Last week of May|
|Online Registrations||Last week of May – Second week of June|
|Cutoff released by DU Colleges||Fourth week of June – Second week of September|
|Admission and Payment of Fees||Fourth week of June – Third week of September|
If you wish to study in DU, you can submit your application form through the online process. Candidates can fill/submit the application forms in the month of May 2016. These forms should be carefully and vigilantly filled as per the information provided. The candidate should apply for the course concerned within the stipulated dates.
The Delhi University Admission 2016 will be available online only from May 25 to June 14. (These dates are tentative).
Online Procedure to fill up the Application Form
If you are seeking admissions to the undergraduate programs in the Delhi University, you are required to fill the DU Common Pre-Admission Form 2016. The process of filling the DU Application form 2016 is the same for all the categories, be it General, OBC, SC, ST, PwD.
- You are required to fill the DU Application Form 2016 along with the University enrollment number. For that, you will have to register and login to get your personalized dashboard.
- All the necessary details and information should be filled in, such as name, age, email, address, education qualification details as well as the additional personal data. Your documentation will be then verified.
- You are allowed to choose 5 different subjects out of which you will have to choose 1 Language core, 1 Language Elective, and 3 other subjects.
- It is mandatory to upload your latest passport size photograph and signature and then proceed to online payment.
- The online payment, which is Rs.100 for general category students and Rs. 50 for others can be made through a Demand Draft or Debit/Credit Cards or other banking methods.
- After completing the application form, click on the “Submit” button to submit the application form.
- It is always advisable to take a printout of the application form and documents/receipts for future reference.
Delhi University Bachelor of Management Studies Entrance Exam 2016
Delhi University carries out entrance examination only for Management programs. Online registrations for a 4-year Bachelor with Honours of Management Science (BMS) begins from May 2016 while the entrance examination will be held in June.
In order to be eligible for the entrance examination, you will be required to have cleared the CBSE or any other recognized exam by the Delhi University. The minimum percentage needed will be 60% for the General/OBC candidates, 54% for the SC/ST, and 50% CW/PwD candidates.
The BMS entrance test comprises of 120 multiple choice questions, categorized into 4 sections which are Quantifiable Ability, Cognitive and Logical Ability, General English and Business & General Awareness. The correct answers will award you with 3 marks each while every incorrect answer has negative marking.
The application process for the Delhi University Admissions 2016 is entirely online this year. You will be required to download the application form from the official website.
The shortlisted students for the Group Discussions / Personal Interviews for the BMS program will be announced by 23rd June, late evening. The final admission result will be announced by July 2016. The classes are set to start in August 2016. These are again the tentative dates.
The links for the application form for this exam is yet to be updated on the official website.
But since only a few DU Colleges offer these very sought after programs, the level of competition is relatively high.
Some of the most prominent Delhi University colleges that offer the BMS program include:
- Maharaja Agrasen College
- Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College
- Keshav Mahavidyalaya
- Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies
- Gargi College
There are no specific age requirements for a candidate seeking admission in the undergraduate programs. Some colleges have regulatory bodies (such as MCI, AICTE, etc.) prescribing the minimum age requirements, especially in professional courses.
- All candidates seeking admission in the Delhi University for the undergraduate courses need to fill the pre-admissions form either online or offline for all specific categories (General/OBC/SC/ST/PwD). The candidates are allowed to fill only one common pre-admission form.
- The candidates must have completed their 10+2 with any stream from any recognized school/institution.
- If you wish to take admissions in any of the undergraduate programs of the Delhi University, you should have an intermediate degree in the concerned discipline from any recognized school/institutes of India.
- The students seeking admission in the Bachelor of Sciences course should belong to the PCB /PCM Group for getting admissions in the concerned program agenda.
- Candidates qualifying 10+2 (12th examination) with two or three vocational subjects may be considered qualified for the DU admission procedure, subjected to a deduction of 10% of the maximum marks in each subject.
- The colleges of the Delhi University publish its prospectus providing the requisite information regarding the college; the programs offered, fee structure, and the number of seats in each course, Extra Curricular Activities, etc.
- There shall be no ‘Additional Eligibility Criterion’ for any category in any college/course.
- Colleges are not permitted to change this criterion at any stage during the entire admission process.
- First-come, first serve basis is not permitted. The college has to admit the candidates who had obtained marks that meet the announced cut-off criteria.
- Students are not allowed to take admission in two courses/colleges simultaneously. For instance, if any student is found admitted in two courses/colleges simultaneously, their admission in all courses/colleges will be canceled.
- For courses where admissions are made through entrance exams, separate procedures shall apply.
DU Admission Procedure
- Once the Delhi University releases the Cut-Off lists, you will be required to report to the specific college to take admissions.
- You are required to present the following original documents along with two sets of self-attested photocopies at the time of admission.
- Class X Board Examination Certificate
- Class X Mark sheet
- Class XII Mark sheet
- Class XII Provisional Certificate / Original Certificate
- Character Certificate
- SC/ST Certificate (in the name of the candidate) published by the responsible authority.
- OBC (Non- Creamy Layer) Certificate (in the name of the Candidate) issued by competent authority.
- Transfer Certificate from school/college, as well as Migration Certificate from Board University, are required from those students who have passed the Senior Secondary exam from outside Delhi.
- At least four passport size self-attested photographs.
- After the documentation is done, the prescribed fees can be submitted at the particular college of the Delhi University. The payments can be made via cash transactions or through a Demand Draft in favor of the particular college.
Delhi University Cut Offs
After the cut-off lists have been notified by the Delhi University, you will have to report to the college of your choice of admissions.
If you are not able to take admissions in the Delhi University after the first cut-off list is released. There are chances that you will be considered for admissions in the next immediate list, provided that the seats are available in the particular college/course.
For board students, whose results are declared late, the candidate is considered if he/she get through the previously declared cut-off lists, provided that the candidate had already completed the pre-registration.
Here are the links of the Cut-Off Lists 2015 from where you can get a detailed information about the Delhi University Cut-Offs.
First Cut off 2015
This year, the Cut-offs are expected to rise in comparison to the last year cut-offs.
- Arts & Commerce Cut off (PDF)
- Science Cut off (PDF)
Recently, Delhi University announced the online application for the admissions till June 15. The cut-off lists are expected to be released on 25th June 2016.
3 thoughts on “Delhi University (DU) Admission Forms 2016 For Undergraduates”