Tamil Nadu finished first, by securing 7 of its schools among the India’s best 20, evaluated by the best overall aggregates in Class XII CBSE exams in 2015. Among the list of Top 20, 5 schools are located in Bengaluru.
The overall aggregate for a school was arrived at by taking out the average marks obtained by all the students who took the class XII CBSE exams.
The entire South Indian region has shown an outstanding performance. Of the top 20 schools, seven CBSE schools are in Tamil Nadu, five in Karnataka, two in Kerala and one each in Jharkhand, Gujarat, Haryana, Chandigarh, Delhi, and Andhra Pradesh.
One might ignorantly assume that only private schools are the only ones doing well, but two central government-run Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas also feature in this year’s list of top 20.
All the top three schools are from Chennai with DAV Boys Sr Sec School, Mogappair, leading with an aggregate of 92.3%. In fact, all the four schools from Chennai on the best aggregate list of 20 are DAV schools.
One might assume that only private schools made it to the list, but that is not the case. (Image Source: asiancorrespondent.com)
“These are not any kind of ranking but an indicator of how good the teaching process in these schools is. Their schools may have higher number of students scoring 95% and above, but the overall average is an indicator of how the whole batch has performed,” a senior CBSE official said. Gujarat, Jharkhand, Haryana and Chandigarh too have one school each on this list.
But despite a quarter of CBSE students being from the Delhi region, which includes schools in Delhi and those abroad, there is just one school from here on the list – Sardar Patel Vidyalaya. The list simply indicates that CBSE schools with excellent performance are not equally distributed across the country. The following is the list announced by CBSE.
- DAV Boys Sr Secondary School, Mogappair, Chennai 92.3%
- DAV Girls Sr Secondary School, Lloyds Road, Chennai 92.2%
- DAV Boys Sr Secondary School, Lloyds Road, Chennai 92.1%
- Ramakrishna Mission Vidyapith, Deogarh, Jharkhand 91.8%
- Sri Kumaran Children’s Home School, Bangalore 91.7%
- National Public School, Koramangala, Bangalore 91.7%
- Chinmaya International Residential School, Coimbatore 91.6%
- National Public School, HSR Layout, Bangalore 91%
- Delhi Public School, Harni, Vadodara 90.7%
- The Heritage School, Sector-62, Gurgaon 90.7%
- Hindu Sr Secondary School, Indira Nagar, Chennai 90.6%
- DAV Girls Sr Secondary School, Mogappair, Chennai 90.4%
- HAL Public School, Vimanpura, Bangalore 90.3%
- JNV Chennithala, Kerala 90.3%
- National Academy for Learning, Bangalore 90%
- Bhavan’s Vidyalaya, Sector-27B, Chandigarh 89.9%
- JNV Neriamangalam, Kerala 89.9%
- Vidya Mandir Sr Secondary School, Mylapore, Chennai 89.8%
- Sardar Patel Vidyalaya, Lodi Estate, Delhi 89.7%
- Sri Sathya Sai HSS, Prasanthinilayam, Andhra Pradesh 89.6%