Poland Student Visa Information

Visa Description

The aspiring students who are planning to take up higher education in Poland for a period longer than 90 days, needs a study visa in some cases. It is advicable that the students find out about requisite conditions and initiate the application procedure well in advance of the beginning of their period of planned study in Poland.

If the applicant is a resident of an EU member state, they are required to have a valid travel document or any document verifying their identity and citizenship (i.e., their national ID). If the student intends a shorter stay (i.e., a period of three months or less), there are no formal requirements. Such a type of visit requires a residency proof. If the student wishes to study in Poland, they are required to complete certain requirements.

  • They should be a graduate from any recognized college or institutions which enable them to pursue further education at an academic level.
  • They need to legalize their stay in Poland for the period of the studies.
  • The candidate need to submit a certificate verifying their knowledge in the field of any language at a proficient level, be it Polish or English.

Applying for a Student Visa

Applying for a visa in Poland is a straightforward procedure. For registering in a recognized program at a Polish education institution, the student will require to present all the required documentation and application forms.

Applicants from EU/EEA countries

To enter poland for higher education, a student visa is not required for an EU/EEA student before their arrival in Ireland. However, when the student arrives in Poland, they do need to apply for a temporary study visa at the local Voivod’s office.

Applicants from non-EU countries

Students from outside the EU countries need to apply for the student visa at the Polish consulate from their current country of residence. Students who already have a valid visa and wishes to reapply for its extension, those students have to do so at least 45 days before their current visa expires.

Studying in Poland

The students who aspire to study in Poland, need to have completed a second level education. They must obtain a leaving certificate confirming that they are eligible to apply to university. If they have cleared the International Baccalaureate or European Baccalaureate exams, the students can easily apply for undergraduate education at any Polish University. However, if the students have a similar qualification from their home country, it has to be lawfully recognized at the Polish diplomatic outposts or any other appropriate institution. The students, then, have to verify it with the Polish law. This procedure of granting recognition of a degree from a foreign university is known as nostrification. Furthermore, if the student wants to be accepted for the postgraduate education, they are required to proffer an undergraduate diploma from a Polish institution or an international equivalent, also recognized in Poland. They also have to provide the nostrification of their foreign degree/diploma program to a Polish University by the end of the first term.

Documents Require

The visa application procedures may vary depending on the countries a student is coming from. Despite several requirements, some conditions remain the same for all the countries. They include:

  • A completed Student Visa Application form.
  • Nonimmigrant Visa Application, Form DS-160 confirmation page.
  • Valid passports along with two-three blank pages.
  • An official letter of acceptance from a recognized college or university indicating that the student has been enrolled.
  • A brief CV
  • The applicant's school certificates and diplomas (if any).
  • An evidence of the language proficiency in which the student wishes to study.
  • Requisite documentation confirming that the student has sufficient funds for studying as well as residing in Poland.
  • Documents related to the student's Health Insurance and other medical certificates.
  • A passport size colour photographs.

Language Requirements

The applicant need not necessarily have fluency in Polish, the knowledge of English, German and French suffices for a student to study in Poland. The student needs to present some documents confirming their understanding of a foreign language at a satisfactorily level to participate in the classes.

The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages states that a student has to possess one of the following documents: DEFL B2 for studies in French; CAE, FCE, or CPE for studies in English or Zertificat Deutsch Plus 3 for German education. Some University's admission procedures do not require certificates as they conduct their independent language examinations. If, however, a candidate wishes to take up education in Polish, they need to verify that their knowledge of the particular language is proficient enough for a student to participate in the classes. In order to accomplish this, the student requires to pass the State Certificate in Polish as a Foreign Language.

Where to apply for the Visa Application

The Poland Embassy and Consulates in India are located at the following addresses:

  • New Delhi - Embassy of the Republic of Poland

  • Mumbai - Consulate General of the Republic of Poland

    • 88 Indie Nirmal Building 11A, 11th Floor, 241/242 Backbay Reclamation, Nariman Point, Mumbai 400021
    • Telephone - + 91 22 2285 2631/41,